Course Code & Name:
Assist Clients With Medication CHCCS305C
This course has been designed to provide you with an understanding of how to assist clients in aged care, home and community settings with their medication needs.
This course will provide you an understanding of:
• Ensuring you have the authority to proceed to assist a client with their medication
• Preparing the client for assistance after identifying the level and type of physical assistance or supervision required
• Assisting and supporting the administration of a wide range of different types of medications
• Understand some of the ways medications are classified
• Identifying lines of authority, accountability and actions to be taken to handle contingencies
• Completing the documentation associated with the administration of medication, and
• Implementing hygiene and duty of care procedures when addressing the needs of the client.
A pre-requisite for this competency is successful completion of the unit:
HLTAP301B Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context.
The course has been designed to provide training for care and support workers in residential aged care, home and community setting.
How to apply to enrol:
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!