Nationally Recognised Qualification
HLTHPS007 Administer and monitor medications is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to administer medications to people and monitor them, as per the delegation from a relevant health professional, in accordance with legislation and the employing organisation’s medication and delegation policies and practice.
This unit applies to community services and health workers with the relevant authority in their state or territory to administer medication and monitor them as per the delegation from a relevant health professional.
• Report potential risks related to medication administration to delegating health professional
• Clarify own role and limitations in providing assistance with medication administration with delegating health professional
• Check client medication according to organisation guidelines and the delegation from the health professional
• Manage medication equipment and used containers according to infection control guidelines
The Student must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role.
Students must be working in an Aged Care facility or similar workplace.
You should have access to a Registered nurse who will be able to act as third party observer/assessor for your workplace observations.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!