Biochemistry is at the base of most health sciences; prepare yourself for your health science career by studying biochemistry.
Biochemistry I (Animal) is an introductory course to biochemistry. This course is similar to Biochemistry I (Plants) with a focus on animal biochemistry. Biochemistry provides the knowledge base for all human and animals health studies.
In order to help you get the most out of the course we initially walk you through the fundamentals of chemistry including atomic structure, the periodic table, molecules, nomenclature, organic chemistry and more before investigating common organic compounds such as carbohydrates, lipids and more. Lessons cover: introduction to biochemistry, lipids, proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids, thermo regulation, carbohydrate metabolism, absorption, acidity, alkalinity, chemical analysis, and industry applications.
The course Covers
- Introduction to Biochemistry
- Lipids and Proteins
- Enzymes and Hormones
- Nucleic Acids
- Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Acidity and Alkalinity
- Chemical Analysis
- Biochemical Applications
- Identify characteristics of common chemical compounds important in animal and human biochemistry.
- Explain the characteristics of major biochemical groups, including carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins.
- Explain the characteristics of chemicals which control biological processes in animals and humans, including enzymes and hormones.
- Explain the role of nucleic acids in the biology of animals and humans.
- Explain the role of thermo-regulation in animals and humans.
- Explain the role of carbohydrate metabolism in animals and humans.
- Identify the characteristics of acidity and alkalinity in relation to animals and humans.
- Develop simple chemical analysis skills relevant to testing animals.
- Identify applications and uses for biochemical processes and products.Describe different physiological process which occur in a properly functioning excretory system
- Broadly classify the effects of hormones
- Explain different processes which occur in a properly functioning endocrine system
- Describe the anatomy of the lung
- List the parts of the respiratory system
- Define inspiration and expiration
- Discuss the trachea
- Explain processes that occur in a properly functioning respiratory system
- Draw and label diagrams of the parts of respiratory system
- Research further information relevant to human anatomy and physiology, using resources available to you (which may be different for different students)
Successful completion of the fully supported course will enable you to work in:
- Graziers, animal breeders, zoo keepers, veterinary nurses, and anyone else who works with animals will enhance their abilities at work, by studying biochemistry.
- It will also give a better understanding of the human body which will be useful to have in many fields.
100 hours of Study
The difference between a good course and a bad course lies in the way you are assessed. Our assessments are designed is such a way that the student feels confident to move forward in the course as they complete each assessment. The feedback from the tutor not only reaffirms the student’s learning process but also gives an opportunity to the student to interact with the tutor regularly. Students are never penalised when their assignment work needs to be improved, rather they are given constructive feedback and requested to resubmit the section where they need improvement. Students do their assignment work at their own pace within the course duration and are not restricted by any deadlines which is the beauty of self-paced learning. The assessments will make the certificate achieved more credible and valuable to the student.
This course has approximately 8-10 assignments and 1 exam to complete the course successfully. You can opt out of the exam and receive a Certificate of Participation.
We have upfront, monthly and weekly payment options for as little as $50 a week. You can enrol with the “Enrol Now” Button for upfront and monthly payment options. For weekly payment option CLICK HERE TO ENROL. You could also enrol with the below direct debit link if you want to enrol with Direct Debit or Phone or Filling in the application form. Please email us using the ‘Enquire now’ button or call us on 07 5689 1500 if you require any assistance. For credit card enrolments use the ‘Enrol Now’ button, For direct debit use the links below.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!
To enrol via direct debit for the Monthly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.
To enrol via direct debit for the Weekly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field