This informative course focuses on the important building blocks of life such as: amino acids, proteins, sugars, polysaccharides, lipids, enzymes, vitamins, hormones, RNA and DNA. There is an emphasis on biochemical molecules which will help prepare you for Biochemistry III (Biochemical Processes) for which this course is also a prerequisite.
Biochemistry has its roots in medicine, nutrition, agriculture, and natural products. It covers many other areas as well, but today it is mostly is concerned with the chemistry of molecules found in and associated with living systems, especially the chemistry of these molecules. Biochemists are always trying to break processes down in order to understand how these work, how molecules are created or destroyed and how they relate and affect each other. With the advent of modern computing and technology, biochemists also study intact systems and how each system functions and the other structures or processes that may be affected.
The course Covers
Introduction to Biochemical Molecules
Structure of Proteins
Sugars and Polysaccharides
Lipids (Fats) and Membranes
Enzymes, Vitamins and Hormones
DNA and RNA
- Describe the characteristics of a range of biochemical molecules
- Distinguish between different groups of biochemical molecules.
- Describe the structural characteristics and other properties that differentiate standard amino acids one from another.
- Discuss structures of different proteins (both covalent and 3-dimensional).
- Describe common protein dynamics including folding, structural evolution and haemoglobin function.
- Describe the structure and dynamics of different types of saccharides and polysaccharides.
- Discuss the composition and structure of both lipids and membranes.
- Describe the structure and dynamics of different types of enzymes, vitamins and hormones.
- Describe the structure and function of different types of nucleic acids including DNA and RNA.
- Identify some of the basic laboratory techniques used in biochemistry and to appreciate the importance of safety in the laboratory.
Successful completion of the fully supported course will enable you to work in:
- Health Care or Fitness, you can better understand the processes in the human body and understand human nutrition, the way in which diseases affect the body,
- Graziers, animal breeders, zoo keepers, veterinary nurses, and anyone else who works with animals will enhance their abilities at work, by studying biochemistry
100 hours of Study
The difference between a good course and a bad course lies in the way you are assessed. Our assessments are designed is such a way that the student feels confident to move forward in the course as they complete each assessment. The feedback from the tutor not only reaffirms the student’s learning process but also gives an opportunity to the student to interact with the tutor regularly. Students are never penalised when their assignment work needs to be improved, rather they are given constructive feedback and requested to resubmit the section where they need improvement. Students do their assignment work at their own pace within the course duration and are not restricted by any deadlines which is the beauty of self-paced learning. The assessments will make the certificate achieved more credible and valuable to the student.
This course has approximately 8-10 assignments and 1 exam to complete the course successfully. You can opt out of the exam and receive a Certificate of Participation.
We have upfront, monthly and weekly payment options for as little as $50 a week. You can enrol with the “Enrol Now” Button for upfront and monthly payment options. For weekly payment option CLICK HERE TO ENROL. You could also enrol with the below direct debit link if you want to enrol with Direct Debit or Phone or Filling in the application form. Please email us using the ‘Enquire now’ button or call us on 07 5689 1500 if you require any assistance. For credit card enrolments use the ‘Enrol Now’ button, For direct debit use the links below.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!
To enrol via direct debit for the Monthly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.
To enrol via direct debit for the Weekly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field