Nationally Recognised Qualification
CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
The unit describes the skills and knowledge required to identify Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety issues in the workplace, model cultural safety in own work practice, and develop strategies to enhance cultural safety.
This unit applies to people working in a broad range of roles including those involved in direct client service, program planning, development and evaluation contexts.
• Establish key aspects of cultural safety in consultation with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
• Engage with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander interpreters and colleagues as cultural brokers, according to situation needs
• Integrate strategies that encourage self-determination and community control in services and programs
• Revise strategies based on evaluation with appropriate engagement of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
The Student must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!