Nationally Recognised Qualification
CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to support and protect children and young people who are at risk of harm. This work occurs within legislative and policy frameworks and carries a duty of care responsibility.
This unit applies to workers in a range of job roles providing services to children and young people including in community services and health contexts.
• Identify children and young people at risk of abuse or neglect by observing signs and symptoms, asking open and non-leading questions, being aware of protective issues and using child protection procedures where appropriate
• Ensure decisions and actions taken are within own level of responsibility, work role, state legislation and service policies and procedures
• Promptly record and report risk-of-harm indicators, including the circumstances surrounding the risk of harm according to service policies and procedures
• Recognise and report indicators for potential ethical concerns when working with children and young people
The Student must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!