Nationally Recognised Qualification
CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to care for people with life-threatening or life-limiting illness and/or normal ageing process within a palliative approach.
This unit applies to workers in a residential or community context. Work performed requires some discretion and judgement and is carried out under regular direct or indirect supervision.
• Communicate with the person, carers and family in relation to the person’s quality of life, pain and comfort and report information to supervisor
• Encourage the person, carer, family and /or significant others to freely discuss spiritual and cultural issues in an open and safe environment within scope of role
• Regularly check for any changes on care plan that indicate decisions made by the person have been reviewed
• Identify and reflect upon own emotional responses to death and dying and raise and discuss any issues or reactions with supervisor or other appropriate person
The Student must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!