Nationally Recognised Qualification
CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to respond to the goals and aspirations of older people and provide support services in a manner that focuses on improving health outcomes and quality of life, using a person-centred approach.
This unit applies to support workers in residential or community contexts.
• Conduct interpersonal exchanges in a manner that promotes empowerment and develops and maintains trust and goodwill
• Support the older person to express their own identity and preferences without imposing own values and attitudes
• Recognise signs consistent with financial, physical or emotional abuse or neglect of the older person and report to an appropriate person
• Discuss situations of risk or potential risk associated with ageing
The Student must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!