A food coach is someone who has the knowledge of food and nutrition and life coaching so they can help the clients by guiding them to reach their goals or set goals for them and give them a structure to follow. The food coaching course is ideal also as a complementary course to massage therapists, yoga instructors, fitness coaches and other alternative therapy practitioners so they can provide the additional service to their clients.
Pathways and Credits:
This course can be done by itself or as part of the higher certificates in Nutrition or Naturopathy.
The course covers the below topics
1. Introduction and the Healthy Diet
2. Professional Standards for Food Coaching
3. Specialist Diets -Chronic Conditions
4. Specialist Diets – Overeating
5. Specialist Diets -Poor Nutritional Diets
6. Food Coaching with Children
7. Food Coaching with Adults and Seniors
8. Lifestyle Changes
9. Moving on
10. Managing your Food Coaching Service
- Explain the scope and nature of food coaching and what is meant by a healthy diet.
- Explain why food coaches should abide by a professional code, and what the legal and ethical standards are.
- Understand different types of special diet for chronic conditions and their benefits to clients, as well as a range of other special diets and their impact on health.
- Discuss what is meant by overeating, its health implications, and how to develop plans to control or reduce weight.
- Describe what diets are considered unhealthy for a range of different body types.
- Understand general nutrition requirements of adults and seniors, and to discuss possible coaching strategies for working with adults, seniors and carers
- Understand general nutrition requirements of children, and to discuss possible coaching strategies for working with children and their parents or other caregivers
- Explain the importance of changes in lifestyle to improve the benefit of food coaching.
- Explain how the client will move on after food coaching has ended.
- Explain how to organise, market and manage a food coaching service
Successful completion of the course will complement the following careers:
There are many other possibilities with this versatile course. Many of our students who do this course are Massage therapists, Naturopaths, Fitness Trainers, Chiropractors, Counsellors or working in the Health and Wellness Industries.
100 hours of Study
The difference between a good course and a bad course lies in the way you are assessed. Our assessments are designed is such a way that the student feels confident to move forward in the course as they complete each assessment. The feedback from the tutor not only reaffirms the student’s learning process but also gives an opportunity to the student to interact with the tutor regularly. Students are never penalised when their assignment work needs to be improved, rather they are given constructive feedback and requested to resubmit the section where they need improvement. Students do their assignment work at their own pace within the course duration and are not restricted by any deadlines which is the beauty of self-paced learning. The assessments will make the certificate achieved more credible and valuable to the student.
This course has approximately 8-10 assignments and 1 exam to complete the course successfully. You can opt out of the exam and receive a Certificate of Participation.
We have upfront, monthly and weekly payment options for as little as $50 a week. You can enrol with the “Enrol Now” Button for upfront and monthly payment options. For weekly payment option CLICK HERE TO ENROL. You could also enrol with the below direct debit link if you want to enrol with Direct Debit or Phone or Filling in the application form. Please email us using the ‘Enquire now’ button or call us on 07 5689 1500 if you require any assistance. For credit card enrolments use the ‘Enrol Now’ button, For direct debit use the links below.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!
To enrol via direct debit for the Monthly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.To enrol via direct debit for the Weekly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field