Nationally Recognised Qualification
HLTDEN001 – Prepare for and assist with oral health care procedures is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required for a dental assistant to assist the operator by preparing the dental surgery including preparing necessary equipment, instruments and materials for oral health care procedures, and to assist the operator during the delivery of these procedures.
This unit applies to dental assisting work.
• Make accessible in the clean zone of the surgery the patient’s necessary charts and records
• Make accurate, legible and legal records of the patient’s personal, medical and dental information as directed by the operator
• Prepare the correct materials and medicaments using the correct technique and to the correct consistency and quantity required, and within the designated timelines as directed by the operator
• Arrange for servicing of instruments and equipment in line with manufacturers’ instructions
The Student must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!