Human Biology 1 is an introductory course in human anatomy and physiology. It is a great course for anyone who is interested in a career in health or medicine or for school leavers who are keen to go to University for medicine or science. Upon completion of this course students will have established a great foundation for many higher level science courses as well as Allied Health, Complementary medicine and Alternative Medicine as well as having a solid understanding of basic human anatomy and physiology.
Want to be in the loop and get informed about the latest promotions about this course and also receive a FREE Health Article then click here.
Pathways and Credits:
This course will give you credit into our higher qualifications such as the Certificate in Human Biology.
The course covers:
- Cells & Tissues
- The Skeleton
- The Muscular System
- The Nervous System
- Digestion & Excretion
- All Physiological Systems
- Observe and identify parts of the human body
- Dissect an animal heart (obtained from a butcher)
- Observe different types of animal tissues (obtained from a butcher)
- Prepare a summary explaining the function of the main types of human body tissues
- Explain, in your own words, different problems that can occur with different human tissues
- Explain cellular division (mitosis and meiosis)
- Explain problems that can occur with different bones
- Explain the purpose of different structural components of muscle tissue, in a human muscle of your choice
- Explain the function of a typical nerve cell, using words and illustrations
- Explain the function of the central nervous system, using words and illustrations
- Describe different physiological process which occur in the digestive system
- Describe different physiological process which occur in a properly functioning excretory system
- Broadly classify the effects of hormones
- Explain different processes which occur in a properly functioning endocrine system
- Describe the anatomy of the lung
- List the parts of the respiratory system
- Define inspiration and expiration
- Discuss the trachea
- Explain processes that occur in a properly functioning respiratory system
- Draw and label diagrams of the parts of respiratory system
- Research further information relevant to human anatomy and physiology, using resources available to you (which may be different for different students)
Successful completion of this fully supported course will enable you to work in:
- Medical Settings such as hospitals and medical practices.
- Will be a great addition to careers in Fitness, Health, Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
- A great stepping stone into a Health Science or Biomedical degree.
100 hours of study
The difference between a good course and a bad course lies in the way you are assessed. Our assessments are designed is such a way that the student feels confident to move forward in the course as they complete each assessment. The feedback from the tutor not only reaffirms the student’s learning process but also gives an opportunity to the student to interact with the tutor regularly. Students are never penalised when their assignment work needs to be improved, rather they are given constructive feedback and requested to resubmit the section where they need improvement. Students do their assignment work at their own pace within the course duration and are not restricted by any deadlines which is the beauty of self-paced learning. The assessments will make the certificate achieved more credible and valuable to the student.
This course has approximately 8-10 assignments and 1 exam to complete the course successfully. You can opt out of the exam and receive a Certificate of Participation.
We have upfront, monthly and weekly payment options for as little as $50 a week. You can enrol with the “Enrol Now” button for upfront and monthly payment options. For weekly payment option CLICK HERE TO ENROL. You could also enrol with the below direct debit link if you want to enrol with Direct Debit or Phone or Filling in the application form. Please email us using the ‘Enquire Now’ button or call us on 07 5689 1500 if you require any assistance. For credit card enrolments use the ‘Enrol Now’ button, for direct debit use the links below.
Unsure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly Course Counsellor! Call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire Now link. We are here to help!
To enrol via direct debit for the Monthly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.
To enrol via direct debit for the Weekly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.