Nationally Recognised Qualification
HLTDEN004 – Implement an individualised oral hygiene program is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to implement an individualised oral hygiene program and promote oral health.
This unit applies to dental assistants and to other health care workers who are actively involved in promoting the general well-being of patients through promotion of healthy eating habits and good oral health.
• Provide information on the causes and prevention of oral diseases to patient or carer appropriately and completely using language that can be easily understood
• Evaluate patient or carer oral hygiene techniques and give further instruction when appropriate
• Perform a resting or unstimulated saliva test and record the result in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
• Assist the patient or carers to implement prescribed oral hygiene programs in response to saliva quality and composition
The Student must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!