Nationally Recognised Qualification
CHCAGE002- Implement falls prevention strategies is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to work in partnership with older people and their carer/s to implement strategies to minimise the risk of falls.
This unit applies to support workers in a residential or community context. Work performed requires some discretion and judgement and may be carried out under regular direct or indirect supervision.
• Determine identified strategies which can be implemented within role and responsibilities and discuss with supervisor or relevant health professional
• Identify and explore lifestyle, health and mobility factors with the older person, that might affect the level of risk
• Work with the older person and their carers to identify and implement strategies that are consistent with their safety needs, priorities, preferences and specific requirements
• Complete, maintain and store all relevant documentation and reports according to organisation policy and protocols
The Student must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!