Nationally Recognised Qualification
CHCCCS003 Increase the safety of individuals at risk of suicide is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit describes the skills and knowledge to identify and manage immediate suicide risk and work with the individual to achieve safe outcomes. It includes the requirements for developing a clear safety plan for addressing any immediate danger to the person at risk or others, mobilising access to emergency medical help when needed and facilitating links with further support.
This unit applies to people in formal helping roles in any community service context. Suicide safety may involve face-to-face, telephone or remote contact with the person involved.
• Recognise and respond to signs indicating that a person may be considering suicide
• Listen to what lies behind any thoughts of suicide while affirming and strengthening life connections and safety support
• Determine whether underlying mental health concerns or personal circumstances are present and facilitate access to appropriate help
• Communicate relevant information to work colleagues and other people working with the person
The Student must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!