A special course designed for people working or wishing to work in medical environments, with no medical training, to develop skills to communicate clearly and effectively using medical terminology.
If you need to communicate with Doctors, Patients, Health care professionals or if you work in Labs, Medical surgery reception, Ward clerk in hospitals or anywhere where knowledge of Medical Terms is needed this course will be a major advantage for you.
The course Covers the following topics:
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Structure
- Medical Equipment and Processes
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune Systems
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- Integumentary System (Skin)
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
- Explain the scope and nature of terminology used in medicine and allied professions.
- Identify the meaning of words that describe general anatomical features, including disorders.
- Identify the meaning of words which describe medical tools, equipment and procedures.
- Identify the meaning of words that describe pharmacological terms.
- Identify the meaning of words that describe physiological and anatomical features in the musculoskeletal system, including disorders.
- Identify the meaning of words that describe physiological and anatomical features in the cardiovascular, lymphatic and immune systems, including disorders.
- Identify the meaning of words that describe physiological and anatomical features in the respiratory and reproductive systems, including disorders.
- Identify the meaning of words that describe physiological and anatomical features in the digestive and excretory systems, including disorders.
- Identify the meaning of words that describe physiological and anatomical features in the skin, including disorders.
Successful completion of the course will enable you to work as:
- Medical Receptionist
- Hospital Receptionist
- Medical Secretary
- Ward Clerk
- Admin roles in Naturopathic, Alternative and Chiropractic clinics or any Health related businesses
There are many other possibilities with this versatile course. Many of our students who do this course are Medical Receptionists, Aged care professionals, Fitness Trainers, Hospital personnel, Counsellors or working in the Health and Wellness Industries. This course could give you the edge to get a desired position.
100 hours of Study
The difference between a good course and a bad course lies in the way you are assessed. Our assessments are designed is such a way that the student feels confident to move forward in the course as they complete each assessment. The feedback from the tutor not only reaffirms the student’s learning process but also gives an opportunity to the student to interact with the tutor regularly. Students are never penalised when their assignment work needs to be improved, rather they are given constructive feedback and requested to resubmit the section where they need improvement. Students do their assignment work at their own pace within the course duration and are not restricted by any deadlines which is the beauty of self-paced learning. The assessments will make the certificate achieved more credible and valuable to the student.
This course has approximately 8-10 assignments and 1 exam to complete the course successfully. You can opt out of the exam and receive a Certificate of Participation.
We have upfront, monthly and weekly payment options for as little as $50 a week. You can enrol with the “Enrol Now” Button for upfront and monthly payment options. For weekly payment option CLICK HERE TO ENROL. You could also enrol with the below direct debit link if you want to enrol with Direct Debit or Phone or Filling in the application form. Please email us using the ‘Enquire now’ button or call us on 07 5689 1500 if you require any assistance. For credit card enrolments use the ‘Enrol Now’ button, For direct debit use the links below.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!
To enrol via direct debit for the Monthly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.
To enrol via direct debit for the Weekly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field