Nationally Recognised Qualification
CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide person-centred care and support to people living with dementia. It involves following and contributing to an established individual plan.
This unit applies to workers in a residential or community context, including family homes. Work performed requires some discretion and judgement and may be carried out under regular direct or indirect supervision.
• Interpret individualised plan and familiarise self with the specific needs and wants of the person living with dementia
• Organise activities which aim to maintain independence, using familiar routines and existing skills
• Take action to minimise the likelihood of and reduce the impact of behaviours on the person and others
• Monitor own stress level in relation to working with people with dementia
The Student must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!