Nationally Recognised Qualification
CHCCCS019 Recognise and respond to crisis situations is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to recognise situations where people may be in imminent crisis, and then to work collaboratively to minimise any safety concerns and make plans to access required support services.
This unit applies to any community services worker involved in crisis intervention. Management of the crisis may involve face-to-face, telephone or remote contact with persons involved.
• Ask directly about safety issues whenever there are grounds for concern, and take immediate action based on organisation’s procedures
• Identify and agree actions to reduce immediate danger and risk to others, including mobilisation of emergency assistance as required
• Develop a plan with the individual that includes agreed first steps to access and use informal supports and professional help
• Identify and respond to the need for supervision and debriefing
The Student must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!