Sports Coaches are someone who not only coach the sportspeople in their sporting activity but also will have to act as the counsellors, motivators, managers in some instances.
Skill is not the only thing which determines the win for the sportsperson, a lot will depend on their psychological state, mind over matter really plays a vital role. For the sportsman/woman to be in optimum psychological balance the sports coach plays a major role.
Pathways and Credits:
This course gives you 1 Credit into the Certificate in Sports Coaching.
The course Covers
- Introduction to Sports Coaching
- Professional Standards and Communication in Sports Coaching
- The Coach-Athlete Relationship
- Training Roles of the Coach and Athlete
- Coaching Individuals
- Coaching Teams
- The Athletic Identity
- Children and Parents in Sports
- Amateur Vs Elite Vs Professional Sports Coaching
- Maintaining Your Motivation as a Coach
- Learn the aim of a sports coach
- Explain professional standards and codes of ethics applicable to sports coaching
- Explain and define what constitutes the coach athlete relationship
- Explain roles adopted by the coach and the athlete
- Explain mechanism which underlie motivation in sports and apply them to motivational strategies
- Understand how to work with individual athletes and methods of coaching them to be successful
- Understand team dynamics and methods of coaching teams to be successful
- Explain the athletic identity and its significance in sports coaching
- Explain important elements of sports coaching for children
- Consider differences between amateur, elite and professional sports coaching
- Explain different ways a sports coach can maintain motivation in their role
Successful completion of the fully supported course will enable you to work in:
- Sports Coach
- Sports counsellor
100 hours of Study
The difference between a good course and a bad course lies in the way you are assessed. Our assessments are designed is such a way that the student feels confident to move forward in the course as they complete each assessment. The feedback from the tutor not only reaffirms the student’s learning process but also gives an opportunity to the student to interact with the tutor regularly. Students are never penalised when their assignment work needs to be improved, rather they are given constructive feedback and requested to resubmit the section where they need improvement. Students do their assignment work at their own pace within the course duration and are not restricted by any deadlines which is the beauty of self-paced learning. The assessments will make the certificate achieved more credible and valuable to the student.
This course has approximately 8-10 assignments and 1 exam to complete the course successfully. You can opt out of the exam and receive a Certificate of Participation.
We have upfront, monthly and weekly payment options for as little as $50 a week. You can enrol with the “Enrol Now” Button for upfront and monthly payment options. For weekly payment option CLICK HERE TO ENROL. You could also enrol with the below direct debit link if you want to enrol with Direct Debit or Phone or Filling in the application form. Please email us using the ‘Enquire now’ button or call us on 07 5689 1500 if you require any assistance. For credit card enrolments use the ‘Enrol Now’ button, For direct debit use the links below.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!
To enrol via direct debit for the Monthly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.
To enrol via direct debit for the Weekly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.