Anatomy is the study of structure, how parts of the body are sized and shaped and how they interact with each other, as well as the tissues that form them. It does not consider how parts of the body function; what they do as this is the field of physiology.
Anatomy is and was the starting point of scientific investigation of the human body. Without an understanding of structure we cannot fully understand function, for it is the structure and interrelation of body parts that permits their function. In order to study anatomy, it is important to understand the different medical/scientific terms that are used to indicate location, relationship, components, numbers and so on. Key terms are introduced early in the course, some of which you may be familiar.
The course Covers;
- Surface Anatomy
- Systemic Anatomy I
- Systemic Anatomy II
- Regional Anatomy I
- Regional Anatomy II
- Radiographic and Diagnostic Anatomy
- Using the internet or other reference material, outline and describe otitis media and its causes.
- Besides the eyes, ear, and mouth … what other structures can be studied without a microscope ? List at least ten.
- Using the internet or other reference material, describe the three basic functions of the nervous system that are necessary to maintain homeostasis.
- Using reference materials or the internet, distinguish between grey and white matter and describe where they are found and their differences.
- Using the internet or other reference material define the following: resting membrane potential, depolarization, repolarization, polarized membrane, nerve impulse, depolarized membrane, repolarized membrane, and refractory period.
- List and describe the structure of the four principle parts of the brain.
100 hours of Study
The difference between a good course and a bad course lies in the way you are assessed. Our assessments are designed is such a way that the student feels confident to move forward in the course as they complete each assessment. The feedback from the tutor not only reaffirms the student’s learning process but also gives an opportunity to the student to interact with the tutor regularly. Students are never penalised when their assignment work needs to be improved, rather they are given constructive feedback and requested to resubmit the section where they need improvement. Students do their assignment work at their own pace within the course duration and are not restricted by any deadlines which is the beauty of self-paced learning. The assessments will make the certificate achieved more credible and valuable to the student.
This course has approximately 8-10 assignments and 1 exam to complete the course successfully. You can opt out of the exam and receive a Certificate of Participation.
We have upfront, monthly and weekly payment options for as little as $50 a week. You can enrol with the “Enrol Now” Button for upfront and monthly payment options. For weekly payment option CLICK HERE TO ENROL. You could also enrol with the below direct debit link if you want to enrol with Direct Debit or Phone or Filling in the application form. Please email us using the ‘Enquire now’ button or call us on 07 5689 1500 if you require any assistance. For credit card enrolments use the ‘Enrol Now’ button, For direct debit use the links below.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!
To enrol via direct debit for the Monthly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.
To enrol via direct debit for the Weekly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field