Nationally Recognised Qualification
HLT57715 Diploma of Practice Management is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
The Diploma in Practice Management is a Nationally recognised qualification developed for people who are keen to work as practice managers for medical/dental/allied health practices. The Diploma combines skills from the business units with health care units to give a unique skill set which is required to work as a practice manager.
As a practice manager you will be managing the day to day running of the practice which includes and is not limited to managing the reception staff, doctors, nurses, allied health staff, accounts, KPIs, staff recruitment, scheduling and business development.
There is an extreme shortage of qualified practice managers currently and anyone with the right skill set and attitude will enjoy a lucrative and rewarding career in a management position in the medical/dental/allied health practice setting.
Many qualified and experienced practice manager also start their own business offering their management services for multiple practices. The possibilities with this qualification are many.
The course is done entirely online. So study while you work or from home to enter into your new career.
This is a Nationally Recognised Qualification recognised by the Australian Government so it is recognised anywhere in Australia and by all government bodies.
The below Units must be completed successfully for the award of the Certificate.
(10 core units and 5 elective units must be completed successfully for the award of the Diploma).
BSBCUS501- Manage quality customer service
BSBFIM501- Manage budgets and financial plans
BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
BSBMGT502- Manage people performance
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
BSBRSK501- Manage risk
BSBSUS501- Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
BSBWOR502- Lead and manage team effectiveness
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
HLTADM004 Manage health billing and accounting system
HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
HLTINF007 Implement and monitor infection prevention and control standards, policies and procedures
Pathways and Credits:
Pathway into the Bachelor’s degrees with Southern Cross University
- Bachelor of Business (3002100) – Credit granted: 8 units, of a total of 24 (33% of the course)
- Bachelor of Business and Enterprise (3007150)- Credit granted: 8 units, of a total of 24 (33% of the course)
- Bachelor of Community Welfare (3007268)- Credit granted: 4 units, of a total of 24 (16% of the course)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (3007244)- Credit granted: 8 units, of a total of 24 (33% of the course)
- Bachelor of Social Work (3007316)- Credit granted: 4 units, of a total of 32 (12% of the course)
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the credits
Students who complete the Diploma of practice management might register with these organisations
https://www.aapm.org.au/ – Australian Association of practice management
https://www.practicemanagersaustralia.com.au/ – Practice Managers Australia
Subject to change by the organisations.
All Nationally recognised qualifications have a requirement to complete a set of practical tasks which are called performance tasks. Students are require to complete Performance Tasks with each Unit. For this qualification the performance tasks will be completed with a combination of:
- Research and Reporting
- Work place assessments which can be done either at work place or via zoom with the trainer
- Role play
- Developing procedures and processes
- Medical Practice Manager
- Dental practice manager
- Allied health centre manager
- Independent management consultant
You can start the course at any time as it is a self-paced online course. Once you enrol you will be assigned with a course tutor who will be available for you to answer all your queries throughout the course. The course duration for this qualification is 3 years with an option to extend for 6 months on request.
This Course is approximately 840 Hours.
HLT57715 Diploma of Practice Management has no specific qualification entry requirements.
However, these are requisites from students for Health courses australia to enrol:
- Ability to use the computers and do assessments on online learning systems.
- The ability to read, comprehend, discuss and analyse printed information in English and to write statements, solve basic problems and work effectively with clients, colleagues and supervisors are essential skills required to fulfil the work role.
- Students are expected to be able to independently study as the course is offered online.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
- Monthly and Weekly payment plans available. Study from $50 a week.
- To Enrol in the Weekly Payment Plan Online Please Click Here
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!
To enrol via direct debit for the Weekly plan CLICK HERE – Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.