Nationally Recognised Qualification
HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to prepare for and provide medication assistance, and complete medication documentation. It also involves supporting a client to self-administer medication.
This unit applies to community services and health workers with authority in their state or territory to assist with the administration of medication.
• Establish scope of own ability to provide assistance with medication according to organisation guidelines and jurisdictional regulatory requirements
• Correctly identify and greet each client, explain administration procedures and prepare them for medication
• Complete medication administration records according to organisation procedures and regulatory requirements
• Complete medication storage procedures in compliance with legislation and own role responsibility
The Student must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role.
Students must be working in an Aged Care facility or similar workplace.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!