This comprehensive and detailed course in children’s nutrition covers all aspects of the nutritional needs in children going right from the parental needs in preconception to early adulthood. It is unique as it also covers various aspects which lead to deficiencies like diseases, conditions, mental health and much more. This course gives you solid knowledge in children’s nutrition as it holistically teaches you every aspect of it from cause to cure.
This is a must course for people working in the health and nutrition industry and also for people who work with children.
This course has been written by a qualified dietician and a nutritionist.
Want to be in the loop and get informed about the latest promotions about this course and also receive a FREE Health Article then click here.
The Course covers the below topics
- Prenatal Nutrition in both males and females
- Nutrition during pregnancy and breast feeding
- Nutrition for newborn, infants and toddlers
- Nutritional needs of pre-schoolers
- Nutrition in adolescents
- Nutrition for teenagers
- Childhood obesity
- Nutritional concerns in children
- Case studies and scenarios to help in consulting – Problem Based Learning Project
- Learn about Male Sperm count and mobility, Female Uterine strengthening, regulated hormones, menstrual balance, apps, Stress reducing strategies and Nutritional requirements and Food plans
- Learn nutrition in each trimester, labour readiness and lactation nutrition. Postnatal depression, nutrition which might help with it or help in minimising It and Food plans.
- Learn about Macronutrients/micronutrients, milestones and timeframes in infancy, history of child’s nutrition, Autism, ADHD, Food additives, Food plans
- Learn the deficiencies and excesses in children, Common childhood diseases and their like chicken pox, mumps, measles, impetigo, colds/flu and their nutritional aspects. Dealing with Fussy eaters and Food plans
- Learn the nutritional needs of a teenager and what affects them like hormones, growth, sports injuries, shin splints, eating disorders, Acne and Food plans.
- Learn about the nutritional of adolescents and the things which affect them like menstruation, Effects of alcohol and drugs, mental health and sleep issues and Food plans.
- Learn about the causes of childhood obesity, psychological relationship to food and exercise. Food plans to tackle it.
- Learn about the diseases caused in children due to nutritional deficiencies, malnutrition and how to address them.
- Refer to various case studies and do a project from one of the case studies.
Successful completion of the course will complement the following careers:
- Health Coach
- Child Nutrition Advisor
- Nutrition Coach
- Dietary consultant
There are many other possibilities with this versatile course. Many of our students who do this course are Nutritionists, Naturopaths, Child Counsellors, Childcare workers, Counsellors or working in the Health and Wellness Industries.
100 hours of Study
Tutor Support and Assessments
The difference between a good online course and a bad online course is in the quality of tutor support. Our tutors are always available to one-on-one support you via email or a phone call if necessary. We have a policy to get back to the student’s questions in 24-48 hours and assessments are marked within 3-4 days. Students never feel they are on their own and waiting forever. We are proud of the high-quality tutor support we provide from our highly qualified tutors.
Our assessments are designed is such a way that the student feels confident to move forward in the course as they complete each assessment. The feedback from the tutor not only reaffirms the student’s learning process but also gives an opportunity to the student to interact with the tutor regularly. Students are never penalised when their assignment work needs to be improved, rather they are given constructive feedback and requested to resubmit the section where they need improvement. Students do their assignment work at their own pace within the course duration and are not restricted by any deadlines which is the beauty of self-paced learning. The assessments will make the certificate achieved more credible and valuable to the student.
This course has approximately 8-10 assignments and 1 exam to complete the course successfully. You can opt out of the exam and receive a Certificate of Participation.
Pathways and Credits:
This course will receive credits towards some of our higher qualifications.
We have upfront, monthly and weekly payment options for as little as $50 a week. You can enrol with the “Enrol Now” Button for upfront and monthly payment options. For weekly payment option CLICK HERE TO ENROL. You could also enrol with the below direct debit link if you want to enrol with Direct Debit or Phone or Filling in the application form. Please email us using the ‘Enquire now’ button or call us on 07 5689 1500 if you require any assistance. For credit card enrolments use the ‘Enrol Now’ button, for direct debit use the links below.
Unsure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly Course Counsellor! Call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire Now link. We are here to help!
To enrol via direct debit for the Monthly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.
To enrol via direct debit for the Weekly plan CLICK HERE– Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.